Thursday, September 18, 2008

I LOVE HALLOWEEN! -updated


Halloween is my favorite and my best!  I already know what we are all going to be this year! Dressing up for Halloween is a job requirement for me. Both at Kids Villlage and as a mom. -Look for more costume photos to come!

Logan's first Halloween. I made this cute scarecrow costume!  I later added a bunch of rafia to the wrists and ankles. He looked so dang cute! With Grandma Dede!
Halloween 2005 I made Logan a Max costume from Where the Wild Things Are.  That is one of my very favorite children's book!  Braden was a wild thing.  When I find the picture of him, I will add it.
2006, Logan wanted to be Superman.  I don't know how he even knew who Superman was!  I didn't want to buy the typical superman costume from Walmart so I made one.  Steve's mom gave me the cape that Steve used when he was superman as a boy. 


2006, Braden was Sebastian from The Little Mermaid.  Braden never crawled. Instead he did a silly scoot.  He even scooted sideways.  I thought he looked like a little crab when he did that!

Our pvc pipe skeleton.  We love pulling this out every year!
Making gingerbread haunted houses



2007, Captain Hook and Peter Pan
This Peter Pan costume was worn by my big brother some 30 or so years ago. 
Reduce, reuse, recycle.
Logan was worried about carrying his trick-or-treat basket when he had both a sword and a hook.  He figured it out by carrying it on his hook!
On Halloween Day, we went to Macey's for some groceries.   It was one of those trips to the grocery store where Mom just wanted to get out of there!  As I was trying to load the kids, I set Logan's hat on the top of the car.  Well, that was the last we saw of it. Oops!  It took me a day to figure out where it went.  I spent some time right before trick or treating frantically looking for it.  Needless to say, he trick or treated without his hat.  It wasn't until the next day that I realized where it had gone.

My Costume for Thanksgiving Point's Ya Ya SisterHood nightMom was smart last year and we made a candy collage out of most of our halloween candy.  We gave the art piece to Grandma (and we never saw all that candy again!)
Braden's first halloween costume was actually in May!

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

i can't believe you made all of those costumes. that is real talent!