Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breaking the news

I told Steve about my pregnancy by putting a hamburger bun in our oven with a note on it. I won't publish his exact word response!!

I told Hilary by emailing her a photo of a bun in the oven with May 19th on the subject line.  It took her a minute to figure it.  At first she thought it meant I was getting a new oven (Which I do really want!).  

I told Brandon on the phone while he was at a concert.  He could barely hear me but he understood! It was fun to share more exciting news. Just days before, he let me know he and Kristina were getting married!  We are so excited for them and thrilled to have Kristina as part of our family!  

After a 20 minute conversation with my mom, I mentioned I figured out the source of my headaches, pregnancy.  I definitely caught her off guard and that was fun!  I wished I could tell her in person but I didn't know when I would see them again and didn't want to wait that long. She handed the phone to Dad and I gave him the same line.
Two days later, Mom and Dad came with a present for new baby.  We may or may not get to use it since it was pink!  I don't know if that is a bit of good luck for a girl or if we are now jinxed.  Don't get me wrong, I would love another baby boy but come on, a girl would be so fun!  Mom wanted to be the first to buy us pink. Let's just hope we can use it on our baby, not regift it at shower a year from now.

2 comments:

Taralyn said...

you're so cute. congrats! that's awesome!!!

Tyler said...

Tori,

awesome news, I am very excited for you. We need to get together sometime. You're probably a couple weeks ahead of me. Keep us posted.

Lisy Fish