We are so excited to welcome Asher to our family! He was born yesterday at 1:23 pm. Weighing in at 7lbs 12oz, and 20 inches long. Labor and delivery went very smoothly for mom and I am recovering nicely. Of course everything can't run so smoothly, so we hit a small bump in the road.
Asher had some problems breathing right after he was born. He wasn't able to open his lungs all the way and get enough oxygen. He was transferred about 6 hours after birth to another hospital where they have a specialist and the best equipment to work with him. Today he is doing great and they are going to be taking him off the ventilator to see how he does on his own. They want to monitor him for a while, so it may be a few days up to a few weeks before he can come home. We are anticipating it whenever it happens, but he is in great hands and we are excited to see his improvements.
I'll do my best to keep you updated!
Minutes after he was born. We didn't know there were any problems yet.

Steve sent me these two photos via iPhone, the day after he was born from the NICU. I posted them on the screen of my laptop so I could look at him all day. It was very hard not to be able to hold by baby, or even see him. I am so grateful Steve sent me these because it helped me feel close to him even though he was far away.

Asher's accomidations in the NICU
My good friend brought me this to help me through the tough couple of days! She must know me well! Thanks Kira!
8 comments:
Congrats! He is so precious! I hope all goes well with the ventilator issue and he can come home soon!
Ohhh so perfect and precious! COngrats! And you look waay too good for having just given birth! I'm so thankful for the internet so that I can stay in touch with you!
Congrats! I hope all is well with you and your little one! Take Care!
He is darling!
He is so cute and you look GREAT!! You don't look like you just had a baby. way to go!
congratulations! What a cute little boy!
Oh sweet little baby and mom looks like she is doing great! Our prayers are with you and precious Asher (such a cute name). Loves and Hugs!
I hope he gets to come home soon! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!
So glad he is doing well now! I didn't get to hold him at our neighborhood party the other day.
:( Love the name and he is so cute! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!
Post a Comment