Logan enjoying a delicious breakfast before school. First thing in the morning, we went outside and it was just a little bit cool. Logan said, "it's cold outside, I need to wear my new jacket!" He loves the hoodie his Grandma DeDe bought him!
The boys looked so handsome in their new school clothes! Despite Mom's hesitance to cut their hair, I love it spiked! However, we WILL be growing it out again! We love school! Kids Village is so much fun!
Braden's teacher is Miss Jessica! She is great!
Logan's teacher is Miss Rebecca again. She was his teacher two years ago when he first started at Kids Village.
Second day of school. I'm not sure why this picture turned out so fuzzy but you get the idea.
I am having a great time teaching art at Kids Village. I teach 3 to 4 classes a day. Monday I teach 2 classed of Sweet Peas (3 year olds) and 2 Tater Tot classes (4 year olds). Wednesday I teach a Kindergarten class, a Tater Tot class, and a double period of 2-4th graders. Friday I teach one Sweet Pea class, one Tater Tot class, and the second double session of 2-4th graders. I have each group of kids for a half hour once a week with the exception of the older students which come for an hour twice a week.
I am enjoying working with the older students as the are able to understand and learn the basic elements of art. I have begun with a basic introduction to the elements which are color, value, texture, form, line, and shape. Once we finish with the intoduction, we will be focusing on color for the next 6 weeks.
For the younger students I will be using a curriculum that Kids Village has had for a few years except I am going to change some of the art pieces that are suggested as examples. I love that not only to the students get to explore different mediums to create with, but they learn how other artists used mediums and elements to create masterpeices.
1 comment:
Cute clothes and hair! I still need to talk to you to see how everything is going. Let's plan a play date! How about Tuesday?!
Post a Comment