Friday, February 13, 2009

wet pants

Braden has been doing so well potty training! We had our first day in underwear out in public day today. We went to the mall. One reason was to buy Braden some undies so he didn't have to share with his brother. We went to the bathroom 4 times while we were there! Little bit of an inconvience for me, but I am glad our diapers are gone! Anyhow, we were playing on the big treehouse in University Mall, and there are now bathrooms right by it, very convient! So when Braden said he needed to go, I pointed to where they were and he was off! I watched ato make sure he got through the door ok. I sent him to the women's so I could go help if needed. After I couple minutes, I figured he would need help washing his hands, so I followed him in. I didn't realize there were two sets of doors into the bathroom. As soon as I entered the first set, I heard him crying and calling for me! He had gotten his fingers stuck in the second door, and it was too heavy for him to open! Because of such, he didn't make it to the bathroom and wet his pants. I felt so bad! Here I thought he was already independant enough to do it himself and I leave him alone to get hurt! Poor little guy. Luckily, wetting his pants didn't cause too much trauma! I had just bought him new undies but didn't have any pants for him. We were too far away from any store that sold pants for him so I just let him play in his undies. I will remember never to judge another mom when their child is dressed inappropriately!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Poor little guy! It never fails, you give them an inch of independence, and then end up feeling bad about it! Way to go on the potty training!