Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Our new AC
What a mess we have had lately! About a week ago I had the wonderful idea to take out the windows in our sunroom and turn it into a deck. As a quick side note, I am sitting in my new favorite spot, the open sunroom! Anyhow, I called around and found two dramatically different bids to do the work. The first was $350 to remove and haul away the windows. The second was for the same work at $120. Well, obviously which would I choose? So out the guy came to remove the windows. The south windows were up a good 5 feet and were very heavy. The glass guy came with only his father to help him. The windows were extremely heavy and they could not lift them down. They asked if it was alright to bust them. No problem, so we covered the air conditioner with a board to protect it and they pushed the window out. It shattered! They filled our garbage can with the busted glass. The work was finally all the way done. That night I sat in the cool outdoor weather and loved what we had created. The next day, Steve noticed the air conditioner coming on and off frequently and seemed to be working harder than necessary. The day after, it quit all together. After days of trying to figure out the problem, we came to the conclusion that a shard of glass punctured the side of the unit and the cooling gas had all leaked out. Great! A new air conditioner costs about $2000! Well, that's what we had to do. I called the glass guy to see if he had insurance, and just my luck, he didn't. I was hoping to buy a new refrigerator this summer, that money has now gone to a new AC. Oh well, maybe it was a blessing in disguise because the old one never ran efficently anyways. I'm sure we will save a bunch on our energy bill. I have slept in the sunroom for the past week because it was too hot in the house. Now that our AC is fixed, I am still going to spend one more night out here because it is so nice. I love my new favorite spot in the house. I haven't had somewhere I have loved to go until now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it! I am so happy you chose to do a blog!
Post a Comment