We drove for two hours to the high Uinta's to spend time with nature. Steve has a passion for the Uinta's and it was fun to see him come alive in his element. He was so excited to be there. He has studied a lot of the history of the area and is fascinated by what once took place there.
We found a little pond where the kids could throw rocks and pick up sticks. Shortly after our arrival, Logan noticed there were polywogs in the pond. Of course he wanted to collect them!! He caught 10 to bring home. We thought they may be salamander tadpoles, but the guy at the pet store told us they were frogs. Funny thing is, we never saw adult frogs up there.
They all stayed alive for 3 days. Longer than I initially thought they would. They are now dying one by one. Too bad one didn't mature.
Preston and Asher loved the freedom they felt up there. They seemed to be having the time of their lives! Braden was the first to get wet. He was walking across a log that spanned the pond. He had very good balance, but the water called to him and before I knew it, he was up to his knees in it! Good thing we were close to the car.
We didn't hike far due to me having to carry Preston. He wanted nothing to do with walking on his own. Asher wanted to be carried too, but I couldn't get both of them so I ended up pulling him along part of the way. I suggested we split up and Steve take the older two hiking, but he wanted us to all stay together. It will be much different as the boys get older and can hike further.
We also had fun digging up old bullet shells we found by the lake. I think we found 7-8 of them. Always fun to find some sort of a treasure while we are out!






















No comments:
Post a Comment