What a fun day! It didn't really start until 7:00 when we went to a neighborhood BBQ. The kids were excited to go because the neighbors roasted an entire pig. They couldn't wait to see it! Steve even came out for a short while!
When is started to get dark, we packed up the blankets and snacks and headed to Grovecrest elementary to watch the city fireworks. It is always so much work to get them all there, especially when both Asher and Preston want to be carried. I guess a stroller would have been wise. But when we finally have our blankets laid out and the fireworks start, I love to lay down and snuggle with my boys and watch the show. Preston was just slightly afraid at first, but quickly warmed up to them. On occasion, he would cover his ears and say, "too loud mom, too loud." Asher was also a little afraid at first, but loved them! He kept saying, "that one's my favorite mom." I was remembering a few years back when Braden was so afraid of them and I spent the whole time holding and comforting him as he screamed.
The city put on a great show!
Then, the work starts again to get back to the car. I had two large blankets, a bag and two little kids who all needed to be carried. It was a nightmare to say the least. I ended up carrying Preston and all but dragging screaming Asher while trying not to drop the blankets. Logan was a good helper to carry my bag and even tried to carry Preston at one point.
When we got outside the Grovecrest grounds, I sat on someones front lawn trying to figure out how we were going to get all the way out to the car. I considered leaving them and running to the car, but not only wouldn't the little kids stay there without me, they were way too little to leave alone, even with their big brothers. I was stuck and didn't know what to do. Just then, I was saved by our neighbors the Carson's who noticed I was just sitting there and asked if my husband was getting the car. When I told them I was alone and trying to figure out how to get everyone back to the car, they didn't hesitate to offer to stay with the kids while I went and got it. I couldn't believe my luck!! I ran to the car as fast as I could and came to relieve them and load everyone right into the car.
I dropped Preston off to go to sleep and took the older boys down to Natalie Weights house where the neighbors were lighting off more fireworks. Asher was so tired but didn't want to go home. I eventually laid him down in the car where he quickly went to sleep. Logan on the other hand wanted to stay to the very end -and longer. He loves to be in the middle of the party and doesn't want to miss a second of it. At least he was there to help clean up at the end.











No comments:
Post a Comment