Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Elf on a Shelf -year 1

Our Elf on a Shelf is having lots of fun at our house. And so are my kids!
Day one he was caught face down smelling the cinnamon pinecones.  That night, Logan made a nice house and bed for our little Dingle (yes, they named him Dingle, strange)
Day two he was caught in his new house eating all our chocolate chips!
Day three he was making snow angels in sugar on the counter top.
Day four he was all tied up in tape from wrapping the boys a present. They were pretty excited to get an early present until the found out it was a box full of socks -which they actually find to be quite comfortable. We now call them "our elf socks"
Day five he had wrapped our Christmas Tree in toilet paper.  Logan noted that toilet paper is very expensive and he was a very wasteful elf.  Such a practical child!
Day six he was found sitting on a pile of eggs trying to hatch them!
Day seven he was found trying to stowaway in Logan's backpack. I guess he thought school would be a fun place to go.
Day eight he took the night off. I guess someone was too tired that night to cause any mischief.
Day nine he was found taking a bath in mini Christmas bulbs. We need to find a place to hang the bulbs.
Today Logan noticed most of the hershey kisses in the candy dish (close to where the elf sits) were gone.  Logan concluded that the elf was eating them!  "That darn elf," I said!  Wow, I have someone other than the children now to blame for eating all the goodies!
Day ten he was hiding out in the refrigerator. I guess he misses the cold of the north pole.
Day eleven he was practicing piano.  He had the piano book open to Jingle Bells.
---------------------------------------






----------------------------









No comments: