We had a great Thanksgiving dinner this week! Small and cozy but very nice. We had Steve's parent's Ralph and Joan over. They were so kind to provide us with a turkey and some pies. Joan helped out by making the mashed potatoes and some other side dishes. I have always had success in cooking a turkey. It came out perfect!! (preparing the turkey is never any fun for this former vegetarian, but I look at is as a labor of love for my family who looks forward to a Thanksgiving turkey all year! -The cleaning of the turkey this year resulted in some heaving, and I was grateful I hadn't eaten breakfast yet or it would have been more productive that heaving.) Anyways, I swore I wouldn't eat any after having to deal with it raw, but I gave in. I love a good slice of the juicy white breast meat.
Steve watched chef Bobby Flay do a demo on the best way to carve the turkey and wanted to give it a shot. It was perfect! I couldn't believe how much meat he cut from the bird with so little effort. There was basically nothing left on that thing when he was done. The boys loved that he provided each of them their own leg. Braden looked like a barbarian digging into it. Although they hardly ate it, it made for a good photo!





1 comment:
Asher looks like a drunk with that huge goblet. I love it.
Post a Comment