Monday, November 1, 2010

Fun fall day in the canyon

One Sunday early in October, I left the baby with Dad, and I took off with the older boys to pick some fall leaves. We stopped off at Vivian Park and played for a while. The kids had fun throwing rocks in the pond (luckily no fishermen!), I enjoyed relaxing in the beautiful fall weather. After they had their fill of the playground, we went off exploring. They found some great sticks and other "treasures". After a couple hours, the fun was interrupted by Mom throwing up. Oh the joys of pregnancy!! I guess I let myself get too hungry. So we stopped at Subway on the way home. I know it was the Sabbath, but I had pushed my ox in the myer (sp?) or in other words, my ass was in a pit, and had little chance of making it home without puking again!
It was a wonderful afternoon with my boys! I love that my children like to explore. We tried to do some geocaching while we were up there, but I wasn't picking up a strong enough cellular signal.

PS: Notice my children's attire: Pajama bottoms and cowboy boots, Sunday comfies!!










1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Great pictures! I miss the leaves living her in the land of cacti. Loved your ass in the pit analogy! Funny!