In all honesty, ward Christmas parties have never been my idea of a good time. At least not as an adult. As a child I loved them!! An opportunity to run around the church unsupervised with my friends and play on the stage when we were usually told we couldn't.
Now I see them as a time to mingle with people you normally wouldn't be friends with (ok, to be fair, and some people who you really enjoy and are friends with) and eat food you don't know who's home it came from or anything about the cleanliness of their kitchen. My parents contracted hepatitis B, along with more than half of the ward, at a similar function when I was a young child. I remember afterwards my dad only eating the food if he knew and trusted the person who made it. He has passed that weariness on to me.
Anyhow, the reason I even attended tonight was my children. They were told about it in primary and had been looking forward to it (another good reason I should have skipped church this week! :) I love the memories I have of these parties as a child, and I wouldn't want to deprive my children of the same.
Regardless of my apprehensions to go tonight, I am glad I did. I have been feeling like a big fat cow with this pregnancy and can't seem to make myself feel cute regardless of the amount of primping. I felt like a cross between humpty dumpty and either Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum.
I thank the numerous people to told me how darling I look. I guess other women just know to tell each other they look good when they are pregnant. Anyone who has been there, know's how it feels! However, I probably looked more pathetic then cute and other mom's knew it!
And the kids had a blast!

Santa had just walked in the room and caught Asher's attention.
I have a similar shot of Braden when he first sees Santa at this same age.
Love it!!


Isn't this fun!!

Now I am having a good time!


These brothers adore each other!!
1 comment:
Congrats on your pregnancy! I have been so bad at keeping up with blogs since school started this year.
I am SO glad you told that story about catching crazy diseases from potlucks. I totally agree with your fear. Amen!
I'm also not a huge fan of ward parties. I guess it depends on the ward, though.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment