I wasn't at all surprised when I saw the package my little guy is sporting on the ultrasound screen. I have had some mixed emotions, but mostly excitement! My patriarchal blessing says that I will be "an influence and power for good among the younger generation and especially those of thy sex". I have always thought this meant the Young Women, not my own daughters. With four good looking boys, I am sure I will have a lot of Young women at my house in the next 10-20 years!! I pray I am the kind of mom whom my boys and their friends can look to. I want to be the one who takes them to all their games, who helps them ask girls to the dances, who fixes them snacks after school and lets them hang at our house on Friday nights! I want to be there for them to come to with anything and everything. I hope they come to me with problems and decisions they are struggling with. I want to be the kind of mom who is involved in scouting and sees 4 boys achieve their Eagle. I want to send four boys off on their missions and see four boys return home faithfully. (now I am crying!!)
I want to be the apple of theirs eyes until they find their sweethearts and then be a fabulous mother in law to 4 wonderful girls (who are of course going to be just like me because my boys wouldn't want anything else!) Now this isn't too much to ask is it? I have it all planned out, but chances are, they will build their own lives and make their own choices and I wouldn't want anything less for them.
Until I say goodbye to them, I am going to be the best mom any son could ask for! I want my boys to adore me, and it is up to me to be the kind of mom that deserves to be adored!. Now I just need to loose some extra lbs so I will have the energy to keep up with them!! (After the baby is born of course!)
I have thought, if I knew i would be having all boys, would I have stopped at two? Look at this face!! How could I possibly live my life without it!!
7 comments:
And so am I! We are going to have so much fun with those rough and tumble boys of yours. And yes, you do make such good looking boys! Love you all, Mom
YEAY!
There is a lady I know who has 4 boys and she is one of the most amazing women...that's how I picture you too. I think it's awesome :) I love boys!!!
Awwww, you have such cute boys, good thing you're still making them! And from what I know of you, I KNOW you are a fabulous mom. I always knew you would be. Congratulations! (I hope your plan works out!)
Congratulations! Heavenly Father knows not to stop a good thing!
So I reread this now that you've changed it and I just wanted you to know what a powerful post I thought this was. What an example you are to women out there. You will be a WONDERFUL mother to all of those boys!
I'm so glad for you! And really, terribly jealous at the same time =) Congrats!
I hope that the women raising my daughter's future husbands is as concerned with her role as you are. I only have one boy, but I take it really seriously. I'm always talking to him about being a good father and husband and priesthood leader. It's a big job. He will influence a lot of other people in those rolls and I want him to be good at it.
Post a Comment