Saturday, August 3, 2013

sentimental

I have been feeling very sentimental lately. Not sure why. My oldest is changing from a kid to a pre-teen, and my baby is now potty trained and no longer a baby.  We are changing stages in our life and maybe that is it.
Also, I am the wolf scout leader in my ward and for some reason, I feel a strong bond with the boys I have in my den.  I also love my co-leader. I have known who she was for many years, but never really knew her.
School is starting in two weeks. Asher will be in pre-school. He is so smart and will do very well. I am looking forward to this new experience for him and I am also excited for him to have some time away from me. All my boys seem to be momma's boys and need to break away at preschool.  Now is Asher's time.
I also feel a lot of love for my husband.  Not that I didn't before, but I am feeling closer to him and learning to accept him for who he is, not for who I want him to be.
I am ready for a change when it comes to my body. I have given it to my children for the past 10 years and now it's time to take it back.  I have been hiking up "G" mountain with a friend in the mornings. It feels good to get up and exercise. It feels good when I make it to our destination. It is a feeling of accomplishment. My arms and legs are sore (I use hiking poles) and sometimes it's too much, but it is a good sore.
It is time to give up diet coke. To be honest, I really, really don't want to but I know it isn't good for me.  I have a kidney disease (IGA nephropathy) and the artificial sweetener has got to be bad for my kidneys.  Maybe I will switch to non-diet for a while then give it up. I don't think I will be able to drink a lot of the full sugar kind and it will be easier to give up.
I feel a lot of love for my sister right now too. We have been talking on the phone for an hour almost every day for the last few weeks. We seem to become very close when we are far away from each other. Sometimes I wish we lived closer, but maybe it's the distance that makes us better friends.
My heart has been so full this week. I'll take more time later to explain more.

1 comment:

:: ashley :: said...

so happy things are going well for you,I always have looked up to you. your positivity is contagious!