Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another trip to the Uinta's

Yep! We did it twice in one week!  We love Mirror Lake.
Wow what a difference in the amount of people from a Monday night to a Friday night.  I think we will be going on Monday's more often! It was packed!  If it was easier to do, we would hike in to somewhere remote and camp in more isolation, but that's close to impossible with 4 kids (2 of them quite little) and all our stuff. Maybe when they get a little bigger and can carry their own stuff (and themselves!)
Asher with his fire stick. I love this photo!  

Breakfast by the fire


Fishing in the tent. Asher and Preston love their little fishing poles and have "fished" just about everywhere!  Here is a photo of Preston fishing in the tent.  When emptying the supplies from the car, I caught him fishing in the car. He fished from my bed while at home getting ready to go too!  I put little sticks on the end of their poles so it made it easier to cast. They didn't know it wouldn't catch them anything in the lake. 

 I love when I catch a sweet moment between two people I love.

 Just having fun!  Logan loves being in the mountains.

 Enjoying some teddy grahams in the car. Later he left that bag of grahams on the ground outside and we had fun watching the squirrels come and snatch them. We even saw them bury a few of them. The next day, I saw a squirrel dig one up and enjoy it.

One handsome man!  He is right where he belongs here!

 We found this beautiful butterfly on the ground. He let us pick him up. I think he must have been taking his last breath because the kids were able to hold and walk around with him.  What a great photo opt!

 Fishing in the tent.


 Preston found the little butterfly we were holding. We had set him down but he wasn't able to fly away. After Preston got a hold of him, he wasn't able to do much at all! Poor little guy. But like I said before, I think he was on his way out anyways.

 Getting the fire started.

 This boy was determined to start a fire with two sticks. Cartoon's don't tell the real truth about starting a fire with sticks!

 I knew it was going to be cold at night, so we zipped the boys sleeping bags together so they could stay warmer with each other's body heat.  They were so sweet in the morning all snuggled together. It's hard to see, but that is Logan's head right above Braden's.

 Oh my goodness! Boys and sticks with fire at the end. Better than a light saber!  Everyone sure had to watch out for themselves when Asher had a stick.

Breakfast by the fire. Look at the hair on that boy's head!


 We had bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. Braden wanted his toasted so he stuck it on the end of a roasting stick and warmed that thing up. Such a smart boy with ingenious ideas.


 We found this little log and mushroom that was set up for a photo opt.  Ok, we'll do it!


 Determined to catch a fish.  It was so crowded this time around because it was the weekend.  There were bobbers every 20 feet all the way around the lake. Logan is getting working hard at his casting skills.

 Asher still doesn't know he can't catch a fish with a stick at the end of his line. He has become pretty good at casting. After reeling it in he would say, "I didn't catch a fish Mom." I told him to keep trying. I guess you never know when a trout wants a good bite out of some tree bark!

 This was a drinking fountain that no longer worked. It was a good place to take a photo with Mt Baldy in the back ground.




Time to pack up camp!  Until next time!




No comments: