Friday, December 31, 2010

When you live with all boys!

I have learned when living with all boys,
certain things that I never imagined,
must become tolerable.
These are normal occurrences around our house.

Underwear is as much of a head adornment as it is bum wear!



You wish wrestling stayed on the mat, but it is more often happening, or should I say constantly happening, on the livingroom floor.

Lego's are EVERYWHERE!

The local baby garden snake becomes the family pet (at least for a little while)


It becomes our mission to save all the hurt birds we find in our sunroom

When we don't have the fixin's for nachos, we improvise with string cheese and ritz crackers.


Who needs lunch when there is garden dirt?


When you find a hammer and nail laying around, something needs to be nailed to the wall. Good thing it was our unfinished sunroom rather than the newly remodeled house.

Boys love to help!

The family frogs almost became the baby's lunch!

The toilet cleaner makes a great sword.

Instead of beautiful centerpieces, the kitchen table becomes a drawing board with all the dust.
(To my defense, I'm not a neglectful duster, we were having construction at our house)


Finding potato bugs in a cup on the table is not rare. At least it was a plastic cup that I was able to throw away!

Again, boys can be great helpers.

Occasionally I can talk them into doing girly things with me.

Even the baby can't help but find the swords.

I love walking in the room to find tender brotherly moments.


The front room carpet becomes a Jackson Pollock style canvas. Good thing I appreciate fine art!

I thought I would turn their love for sword fighting into an organized sport, but there were just too many rules and structure to fencing.

The things I don't notice at the time I am taking the picture. His hands down his pants.

Any blanket makes a great cape!

Again, anything can make a great sword, including the vacuum attachments!

Finding gum in arm pits is not that rare, because hey, what better place is there to put you gum? The boys found it very funny when I pulled out the peanut butter and smeared it in his arm pit!
My nice Sunday boots make great Darth Vader boots!!

When you don't have a belt to put your Indiana Jones whip in, improvise. Underwear serves many purposes.

When potty training a stubborn boy, you pull out all the tricks in the book.

Some of the many critters I find in the kitchen during the summer months. I don't have a photo of the snails I found on the counter.


I'm constantly reminded of the responsibility and privilege I have of raising future priesthood holders and missionaries!



Trees are the greatest things in the world! I think they were created just for little boys to climb.

Pots make great hats!

Even the littlest of them learns about tools early.

Finding frogs in the bathtub is not rare. At least it's not the kitchen sink!

Sticks are the greatest toys in the world!

Looking in at another great brother moment!

Gingerbread house decorating often turns into a choking festival!


More legos

The closest thing I will ever get to ribbons and curls is putting the baby in my apron. To my defense, he loved it!!
Thanks Janelle for the great blog idea!!

6 comments:

margie said...

What cute pictures! Boys keep life interesting!

Weight Family said...

So funny! Fun read! Miss ya!

Joanna said...

Tori, That was the greatest post! I was laughing so hard! I have sooo many of those same pictures! I think I might copy you!

The Smith Family said...

Oh that was awesome!!! You have given me SO MUCH to look forward to :) Although, you are a much more patient mother than me...I don't think I would be taking pictures of all of it because I'd be so stressed!

Hilary said...

LOVE this!! My house has taken a 180 over the last couple of years! Although, Selah did the undies on the head more than my boys!

hlw said...

Holy funny! I love your boys. And I love that you let them be boys!