Friday, February 19, 2010

Why people have children

Logan is such a hard worker! He has wanted to help with the construction on the house since day one! On Wednesday, the deck started to go up. Some of the rocks connected to the stucco needed to be pulled off. Eventually all will come off, so I let Logan work on pulling off some of the lower ones.

After a few minutes he came in looking for some goggles because he was chipping off some pieces and he didn't want to get anything in his eyes. They best we could come up with was his scuba goggles he uses in the bathtub. He put them on and went back to work.

It wasn't long before he came back to me looking for something that would work better. Being that his nose was also covered by the goggles, they were fogging up.

I didn't know what else to give him and then he saw his dad's face shield he uses when weed whacking. Perfect!

Later that afternoon, my dad came down to help pull off the roof over the sunroom. He started with the sheetrock. Logan was dying to help, so he carried all the removed pieces of sheetrock to the side of the sunroom and threw them over to a pile on the ground. I think he did 90% of that work! When he would pick up a large one, dad would ask if he needs him to cut it in half first, and Logan would respond, "I think I can get it", and he always did.

I love this photo I snapped of him helping out! Face shield and all! I love that he felt so important and needed!

He said to me once,
"I know why people have kids,
so they can have good helpers."

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

too precious! How nice when they want to help.