
Braden had his Kindergarten registration today. First off, he has been a little stinker today (must come with being 4?) and he wouldn't get dressed. He lost all video game privileges for a week as a result. I was not about to fight him getting dressed. It is his responsibility to get himself dressed. So I took him to registration in his jammies and tried to convince him how embarrassing it is. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to mind.
After we were finished filling out his paperwork, I walked him over to his teacher and said, "Would you like to meet you teacher?" He screamed, "NO!" and ran away. The two teachers looked at each other like as if to say, "I hope he's not in my class!"
How embarrassing!
At least he will prove himself otherwise when he gets in school. He has been a great student in preschool and I'm sure he will do fine in Kindergarten, he was just having "that kind of day" --- Actually, it has been "that kind of week" with him!
One day I will look back and laugh, right?
2 comments:
Dont' you hate it when it backfires. Surely it will be embarrassing to go to school in your pj's. Until you think it is really cool.
When I took my youngest to get Kindergarten shots she FREAKED OUT. And threatened to kill the nurse. That was pretty embarrassing too. And when she was all done she had the nerve to tell me that it wasn't that bad.
I'm so proud of you for just hauling him down there in his jammies. Sometimes you just have to let it go, right? I was setting Camille's clothes out for her everyday because she just takes so dang long to get ready. Then I realized I needed to back off so now I just get her up 10 minutes earlier. Most days I just tell myself that they won't be doing this when they are 20, right? Well, maybe. Let's say 30 instead.
Post a Comment