Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer is in full swing at our house!

 Finally!! A trip to the frozen yogurt shop.  Braden has been begging me for a week! They were in heaven! Not sure I like the build your own yogurt shops.  They can get carried away.  I had to limit them to 4 toppings each, otherwise they would have each put a scoop of everything on theirs.


During one of our many trips to the pet shop to pick up crickets for the gecko, Braden spotted a shark! Yes, the pet shop sells little sharks.  He wanted one badly!  I said "no" and he left crying.
Logan has been working hard this summer for Grandpa mowing his lawn and has earned some money.  Braden wanted a Bala shark but hasn't earned any money.  The day before we went to the pet store to get even more crickets for the gecko, Logan had an idea. He wanted to surprise Braden and buy him the shark.  When we got there, Braden asked for the shark again and I winked at Logan and then told him no. The tantrum was starting up inside him but before he could get it out, Logan saved the day by giving him his news, "How about I buy it for you?"  Braden was bouncing off the wall excited!  What a kind big brother he has.
Time to cool off as mom grocery shops.
Such a helper!  Asher is pretty good a peeling potatoes. And, no cut fingers! Unfortunately it takes so long and I usually need to get them boiling. Solution, I peel all we need first, then let him do one afterwards. That way it doesn't slow down dinner but he can still help out.

No comments: