Friday, June 17, 2011

Preston's blessing



I didn't take as many photos as I should have at Preston's blessing. He was so good during the whole thing. Just before the blessing, he fell asleep with the binkie in his mouth. I didn't dare pull it out before Steve took him so he kept it in the whole time. Even when Steve held him up for everyone! It was such a wonderful day. It went very smoothly!

The blessing was beautiful!! Steve did a wonderful job! The part that stood out most to me talked about a passion for family history and temple work. He was told that he would share this passion with his mom. I look forward to sharing all I have learned about our family with him!

I took this opportunity to bear my testimony. It seemed appropriate. Not just because of the birth of my baby, but because of all I have been through physically. I have had such support and love shown to me by so many people! I felt truly blessed and needed to share it. Of course I felt like an idiot afterwards because I always forget to say certain important things and end up babbling too much. Oh well, no one will remember it after that day!

In preparation, my mom and dad helped us paint the sunroom the day before so it would look nice for the party. I was surprised at how much work it was! It looked so great! I am grateful for my parents who will do anything for us. Our sunroom can now be used as more than a mud room and throw all!


No comments: