I finally got around to taking my kids to Liberty Land in Lehi, except isn't not even liberty land anymore, it was taken over by Trafalga. It started out crummy but ended in lots of fun! Here goes the breakdown of the day:
Yeay! Underground parking. My car won't be so hot when I get back out!
Boo, the elevator doesn't work and I have to pull the double stroller, with Asher in it, up a flight of stairs.
Time to pay, what package to get? For $18 they can have unlimited everything plus 20 tolkens and a bowl of dippin dots. Much better idea that $4 an attraction that would take about 5 minutes each. But wait, they have a three month pass for $39 that is unlimited not only there, but the original trafalga, Seven Peaks, and Orem Owls games. Didn't plan on spending $80 so I went with the day pass for $18 each. I didn't get one for me.
WTH? None of the 16 year olds at the counter have a clue what is going on, or how to do their jobs. It took me a good 2o minutes just to purchase passes (they swiped my card 3 times and couldn't get the thing to work -I better not have 3 charges on my bill!- I paid with cash), and then after I pay for them, I am informed that 2 of the attractions, one of which is the roller coaster that Logan was dying to ride, are out of commission. Shouldn't I have gotten a discount on the unlimited pass for that? oh well, what do you do?
The kids got 20 tolkens with there passes, so off they went to play games. Just about every other game they put a tolken in, didn't work. I kept having to go ask for their tolken back. bugged.
We go outside to find out that two more of the attractions are down. hmmmm, getting really bugged here. Ready to yell at someone! Where is that 18 year old "shift manager"?
After a couple of rides, we go inside to get some lunch. All they have is pizza that they have to order from somewhere else. They inform me it will take an hour. grrrrrrrrr. What pizza delivery service takes a whole hour at 2:00 on a Thursday?
I go to the refreshment stand to purchase some drinks. Braden wanted a Sprite. What to you know, the sprite is not working. He gets a rootbeer like Logan. I order myself a diet coke because heaven knows I NEED one by now!! The girl fills up our cups without putting ice in them. I say, "can we get some ice?" she grabs a 10oz cup and fills it with ice and hands it to me. Idiot!!! I dump it in my drink. I guess the kids will go without ice.
Things start to look up. While we wait for the pizza, the boys play a fun game of miniature golf. Logan has been dying all summer to play! I was so pleased to find there was a stroller path along the course so I didn't have to push and pull the stroller over curbs and through putting greens! I found a leaky sprinkler Asher played in while the boys played. He was in heaven!
After the full 18 holes, we go in to get our pizza. It arrives while we are asking about it. I took it from the pizza guy without waiting for the workers! Just cause he has to wait to be paid, I sure don't!! I was pleased to see the price of the pizza's and to know they didn't mark it up too much. Next time I am packing a lunch though!!
Logan said it was the best pizza of his life and this was the best day of his life. Smile!
The kids were starting to have so much fun that I thought it might be a good idea to upgrade what we paid to the 3 month pass. It would cost the same to go twice as it would for the pass. Figured we would want to come back and hit the attractions that were closed down that day. To take Logan miniature golfing anytime he wanted for 3 months seemed worth it!! I found the 18 year old manager and told him (didn't ask him) that I wanted to pay the difference between the day and 3 month pass. Later I realized that the monthly pass didn't include the 20 tolkens or dippin dot's that was include with the day pass. I felt a little pleased that I was compensated for all the things that were broken that I still had to pay for.
We spent a couple more hours playing games, climbing the rock wall, riding the bumper boats and driving the race cars. There was the cutest kid running the bumper boats. If I was 16, I'm sure I would have had a crush on him!
When it was time to go, I got the kids their dippin dots which they found to be pretty cool! The first bite I gave to Asher, he spit out. Then he got used to the feeling and loved them!
The kids left happy and so did mom!
On the ride home, I convinced the kids to be good the rest of the night. Logan said he would do anything I asked him to do all night and wouldn't fight with his brother. Believe it or not, that's exactly what he did! He helped my clean up the house and was kind to his brother. Wow!
He was so good, I even agreed to do a cookout. We started a fire in the pit in our backyard and grilled up some hamburgers and roasted marshmallows. We all went to bed exhausted!!
Photos to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment