Sittin' on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse!
Love moments like this when my boys love each other!
A new favorite photo of mine!
Logan's birthday party was nuts!! We had a total of 19 boys there! Logan was in7th heaven! I popped about 10 batches of popcorn (I think there was a full batch on the floor when they were done!) and luckily had baked two 9X12 cake. They devoured both of them!
A couple of funny quotes of the night. I was passing out waters and one boy told me he needed more. I told him he could get it from the fridge or from the tap and he proceeded to inform me that, "oh, I don't drink tap water"! haha!! I told him to get some filtered water out of the fridge tap. Little did he know that that filter probably hasn't been changed for years and it's the same as the tap!
Before I had the chance to get the cake and ice cream out, one boy told me his tummy hurt. I asked if he needed to call his mom. He said "no, I just need something cold in it." I said "do you need a drink of water?" He said, "no, I need something cold and delicious like ice cream". That's one cunning little boy! I told him I would get to the ice cream as soon as I can!
We had planned to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. That is why I had a three hour party! But the dvd was scratched and we only were able to see the first 15 minutes of it. I turned on the Sandlot 2 but the boys quickly got bored and wanted to play outside. Luckily it was a gorgeous night (odd for almost the middle of November). Half the kids didn't even have jackets. They played and played! The last part of the party I pulled up youtube on the wii and flipped on What Does the Fox Say and Dumb Ways to Die. Soon I was taking request on favorite youtube sensations.
At the end of the party Logan said, "Everyone says I have the best parties! I had so much fun!" These events are so much work for me but comments like that make it all worth it.
Earlier in the day I brought treats to the school for his class. They were just coming in from being outside and I messed up his hair in front of some of the other teachers and commented that he needed a hair cut. They all said, "no way! He has awesome hair!" Which he does, but it's getting a little too long. He loves it because he gets so many comments about it. He loves the attention.
Logan is such a good kid! I am so lucky to be his mom. When he was born, Steve commented to me that there was something special about him. He has brought that up to me a couple of times, especially after giving him a blessing for one reason or another. Logan is kind, considerate, and extremely helpful. He has an inviting smile and is kind to everyone. I love when he holds the door open for me and stays there to make sure the people behind us get in too. I love it when other people comment about what a gentleman he is.
We have such an open communication with each other and I hope it stays that way as he gets older. I hope he feels he can come to me with any problem he has. I have always spoken openly with him and I hope that continues.
Love you Logan!! I can't believe you are 10!





No comments:
Post a Comment