Beware, yucky details of my most recent medical issue! Read at own risk.
Wednesday evening I noticed a few little red spots around my ankles. Thought it was odd. Showed them to my hubby but didn't think much about them.
Thursday I noticed a few more showing up throughout the day. Around 6:00, there were quite a bit more and my feet started to hurt.

I sat down and took a photo of the rash (above) and then literally watched my feet balloon up. I soon was unable to walk without lots of pain. Actually I was unable to walk, period. I took a Benedryl before bed incase it was an allergic reaction to something.
Friday morning I woke up from a dream that I had to have my legs amputated. Scary!! I got right up and called the doctor! I had to wear my slippers to the office! They have a really thick swishy soul and they are the only way I was able to walk since the bottom of my feet were so swollen, they were round!
I took this photo as I was waiting for the doctor. Twenty minutes later, I had him stumped!! He asked me question after question and we were unable to figure anything out other than a possible allergic reaction to an herb I have been taking to increase my milk supply for Preston. I doubted this because had it been an allergy, I would have thought the Benedryl would have helped. He said to come back on Monday if there was still a problem and he will put me on some steroids. I left the office and headed to the lab to have blood drawn. I went home feeling confused and frustrated. Four hours later I got a call from the nurse saying my blood looks great. No problems. ok, so...... NOTHING!!! Take some ibuprofen for pain they said. Still have no idea what the problem is.
Friday night I was in so much pain, I could hardly walk and I was in tears. My knees and ankles hurt so badly!! The rash seemed more intense. My feet were not only swollen, but purple too. I kept wiggling my toes just to make sure I still could.
Saturday morning I woke up feeling much better. The rash was still the same, but my feet went back to their normal color. They were still very swollen but not as tightly as they were the night before. I could walk and get around pretty normally. I worked hard all day cleaning and taking care of my family and thinking I might be on the up and up. That was until about 6:30 when I started going downhill again. My feet were purple again and I couldn't walk. It was exactly the same as the night before. Maybe I did too much thinking I was better? Who knows. I decided to soak in a hot tub with epsom salt. While getting in the tub, I noticed the rash was going up the back of my thighs. Great!! It is getting worse now!! It's pretty normal to feel worse in the evenings so I went to bed hoping to wake up feeling better Sunday morning. Not so.

Sunday morning I woke up pretty much the same. Some of the rash around my ankles seems to have turned yellowish the way a bruise does when it is healing. Maybe that is a good sign? Who knows, but now I am sitting here in bed because I can't walk. I guess I am going back to the doctor tomorrow.
So this is my second major medical issue since having Preston. I won't go into the icky details of the first, but why can't my body just go back to normal??


3 comments:
Oh, my goodness Tori! I can't believe that! The things we go through! Agh! I hope it goes away soon! and I hope you figure out what the problem is!
Oh my gosh! You poor poor thing! It looks so painful! I hope you are taking it easy! Let (make) people come help! I hope you get some answers tomorrow!
Wow! I can't believe those pictures! I hope they figure out what it is. Good luck!
Post a Comment