The way I cope is by taking a deep breath in order not to react, a photo to help me smile about it, and then just moving forward and cleaning up the mess.


When I got everyone out, I was left with wet clothes and a diaper that had absorbed a large amount of tub water. In order to keep my sanity, the mess waited an hour before I was ready to clean it up.
So it went like this, my 5 year old was in the tub (because he pooped his pants, something that is happening way too often -I think it is laziness but not quite sure of the cause yet) when I heard the the all familiar phrase, "MOOOOOOOM, I neeeeeed you!!"
This better be an emergency I thought because I was right in the middle of trying to get something done and I was already upset with Braden for pooping his pants and didn't really want to deal with him.
As I came around the corner and said, "What do you need?" The response was, "Asher got in the bathtub with his bag of popcorn", and I saw the below scene.
Fully clothed soaking wet baby, empty bag and a tub full of soggy popcorn! Not to mention somewhat poopy water from the reason we were in the tub in the first.


2 comments:
You will look back and laugh . . . one day!
Bathtub surprises! Your brother was two and a half and we couldn't find him anywhere. I was close to panic when my next door neighbor came out her door and yelled, "Margie, Brandon is here. Come See!" She had just put her three kids in the tub and went into the other room before finding him. What did I find when I looked in her bathroom? Brandon in the tub with his three friends, totally dressed, wearing his little blue oxfords that I had POLISHED!! That meant the bath water was dark blue and the kids were dyed a lighter blue! Wish I had had a camera phone handy! Love those bathtub moments!!
Post a Comment